Spellcheck, update, java queries

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
weygtya

Spellcheck, update, java queries

Post by weygtya »

Running version 4.1.4 because update doesn't work. Is it worth it to uninstall this version and install newest version?
It drives me crazy that:
1. Every word is underlined with the red squiggly stating it's a misspelled word.
2. Update doesn't work.
3. I can't add a JRE (/Tools /Options /OpenOffice: Java)
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on windows home 10
robleyd

Re: Spellcheck, update, java queries

Post by robleyd »

1. Every word is underlined with the red squiggly stating it's a misspelled word.
[Solved] Spell Check Not Working (words red underlined)
2. Update doesn't work.
This problem has been reported as a bug - please see [Issue] Check for Updates feature fails Go to the download page - link at the bottom of this page - and get the latest version, currently 4.1.6
3. I can't add a JRE (/Tools /Options /OpenOffice: Java)
Please see Troubleshooting Open/LibreOffice and Java. Note that you need a 32 bit version of Java which can be installed as well as a 64 bit version. If you have a specific problem that is not solved by that link, please describe your problem more specifically.
Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.3.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.3 by Eric Hameleers
---------------------
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
Unexpected '{' on line 32
Cyberdog

Post by Cyberdog »

I visited the the other viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89059 red-lines-under-every-word topis and tried the steps to no avail.

My problem was the squiggly lines appear on every OO Writer document after I installed Libreoffice, so there doesn't seem to be a fix (at least from my searches).
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 Home
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

As you may have noticed in the topic you have linked, it does work, according to the many replies posted. It has been a long time since the question wasn't raised, meaning that the current amount of information in the forum covers pretty well the subject.
There is something wrong with your configuration, that's all.
Can yo upload a sample file so that we check (see How to attach a document here)?
Very likely some direct formatting or the way you create the document (especially if from right click in the file explorer).
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Cyberdog

Post by Cyberdog »

Hagar Delest wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:56 am Can yo upload a sample file so that we check (see How to attach a document here)?
Very likely some direct formatting or the way you create the document (especially if from right click in the file explorer).
Thanks for your reply.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 Home