[Solved] Change template in existing slide set

Discuss the presentation application
jrickert

[Solved] Change template in existing slide set

Post by jrickert »

I have a presentation that needs a new template. How can I change the entire set fast?

Thanks, John
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon May 06, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
MrProgrammer

Re: Change template in existing slide set

Post by MrProgrammer »

jrickert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 pm I have a presentation that needs a new template.
Getting Started Guide Chapter 3 Using Styles and Templates, page 20, Associating a document with a different template

I am more familiar with the OpenOffice documentation. If you use LibreOffice, I presume there is a corresponding document, but I don't know where it is.

I have never changed template association with with any type of document. For a presentation you can only use Method 1. It creates a copy of the existing document which uses a different template. Once you have saved and tested the new document, and are sure it is acceptable, you can then delete the original document which uses the first template.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Re: Change template in existing slide set

Post by Hagar Delest »

You had posted in the LibreOffice forum. I have moved your topic to the Impress section. You should update your forum signature.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10