All applications crash

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
GeoffGBD123

All applications crash

Post by GeoffGBD123 »

Dear Users, I have a Windows 11 computer and I have installed then uninstalled and reinstalled Open Office 4.1.15 suite. Any of my Open Office applications always crash immediately upon starting, every time. I then get the notice to allow it to either 'wait for the programme to respond' or 'close the programme'.I always choose to 'close the programme' . It then sends a crash report to Microsoft (but I never get anything from them). Then, if I open the Open Office application immediately, it comes good straight away with full functionality. If this happens while I am preparing a document, I lose all my work. How do I fix this issue ?
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 7
LastUnicorn

Re: All applications crash

Post by LastUnicorn »

I would suggest switching from OpenOffice to LibreOffice and see if you have better luck with that. There are several good reasons to prefer LibreOffice anyway, some of which are given in this thread: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information

P.S. You will never receive anything back from Microsoft if you submit crash reports. Your report, as far as you are concerned, disappears into the void and whether or not Microsoft does anything with it only the gods will know.

P.P.S. You need to update your forum signature. Are you really using "Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 7". Your post says no.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
floris v
Volunteer

Re: All applications crash

Post by floris v »

If you want to continue with OpenOffice anyway, you should reset your user profile. Click here for help how to do that. Crashes and other unwanted behavior are often caused by a damaged user profile, and the user profile isn't deleted when you uninstall the program (so that when you install a more recent version, you can keep your settings).
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum