Why won’t AO Office Pro handle a locked Calc Worksheet?

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
alf50

Post by alf50 »

When I open the locked (Password protected) Calc worksheet in OpenOffice 4.1.11, I can tab from unprotected field to field using the tab or arrow keys, but when I open the document on my 7th generation iPad, those tab and enter keys move me from field to field (when using a Bluetooth connected keyboard. The Locked worksheet cells are not “JUMPED OVER”. Is there any way to solve this. I am running AO Office Pro version 5.0.2 on my iPad. I want to be able to fill out an OpenOffice Worksheet on my iPad, just like I fill out pdf Forms. Any help solving this problem would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Mac Catalina(10.15.7), RasPi4B (TwisterOS-8/2023update) & MS Wnds10
FJCC

Re: Why won’t AO Office Pro handle a locked Calc Worksheet?

Post by FJCC »

I have never heard of AO Office Pro. From where did you get that? If it is software available from some third party, it may be based on an old or modified version of Apache OpenOffice. The download may also contain other software that we know nothing about.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

alf50 wrote:Why won’t AO Office Pro handle a locked Calc Worksheet?
You are using a 3rd party app, not from Apple, nor from Apache. This is what is in the App Store for AO Office Pro:

AO Office is the world's first porting of OpenOffice for iOS and it's powerful and complete office suite for OpenDocument format. You can view, edit, insert and export office documents using full features of the OpenOffice. AO Office has 5 components:
- Text Document (ODT)
- Spreadsheet (ODS)
- Presentation (ODP)
- Drawing (ODG)
- Formula (ODF)
AO Office is a forked project from the Apache OpenOffice project. AO Office is not affiliated with the Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice project.

Contact Us
Email: support@office700.com
Twitter: @office 700
Akikazu Yoshikawa - Developer

If you have a problem or question about AO Office Pro, you must contact the developer, Akikazu Yoshikawa, since that app is independent of Apache OpenOffice. Reporting problems here is a waste of your time. Goodbye.
Mac FAQ Q30/A30: Can I run Apache OpenOffice on an iPad or an iPhone?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
alf50

Post by alf50 »

When I try to download and install the Apache OpenOffice for IOS, then open my xx.ods it just jumps to a sales pitch for the Apache OpenOffice Pro version costing $39.99 per year. Does the free IOS version not work with a Calc Spreadsheet having Locked and unlocked cells?
OpenOffice 4.1.14 on Mac Catalina(10.15.7), RasPi4B (TwisterOS-8/2023update) & MS Wnds10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

There does not seem to be a large user base around here yet, for the "AO Office pro" fork of the suite. You may soon become our resident expert ;-)

The Festures (sic!) section on the AppStore preview page for AO Office Pro lists "High reproducibility for Open Document Format", which in my view implies support for document security/integrity features. When that support is missing, the most likely solution is through contacting the developer, as MrProgrammer also indicated. See the link to developer's web page at the bottom of the preview page.

You could also look at the app from Collabora, which may work better. (I have not tried it ; proceed of own accord). I have seen OnlyOffice suggested too. However, that title looks to support only MS formats.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Does AOO run on an iPad? AOO definitely runs on Mac PCs.

If it does run, swapping to AOO (or LO) may be the easiest solution.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
sveld

Post by sveld »

Collabora Office on IOS works fine, I use it frequently and I think it's great to have a touch enabled free Office suite.
Just tested a password protected Calc ODS file which I could open fine.

Collabora Office is build from a stable branch of LibreOffice and is open source and free to use. More info can be found at https://collaboraonline.github.io/
It's actively developed, questions can be asked here https://forum.collaboraonline.com/ and issue can be reported here at https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/online/issues
LibreOffice 24.2.3 on Win11 and Linux (mostly openSUSE Tumbleweed), Collabora Office App on IOS and Android, Collabora Office Online (CODE) with Nextcloud (Office)