Andropen office charts

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Arro

Andropen office charts

Post by Arro »

problem:
cannot access data ranges on COPIED charts (don't get the option "data ranges" from right-mouth-click window)

version:
AndrOpen Office 4.5.2
Android 9
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from Beginners forum to Calc
RoryOF

Re: Andropen office charts

Post by RoryOF »

We have little/no experience with Andropen; this is not a formal port of Open-/Libre-Office to Android. If you can replicate the problem with Open-/Libre-Office, someone may look into it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload your ODF type sample file here with the original and the copied charts.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

When you copy a chart, the copy is no longer linked to a cell range. It gets its own data table just as in Writer, Draw or Impress. Context menu "Data Ranges" turns into "Chart Data Table".
The solution to this problem is using scenarios which allow you to exchange the data set of one chart instead of copying charts across sheets. In some cases filtering can do the same.
download/file.php?id=2755
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/do ... hp?id=3004
Last edited by Villeroy on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

... cannot access data ranges on COPIED charts (don't get the option "data ranges" from ...
This is common behaviour of all AOO versions up to date, and I don't know an option to change it.

When copying a chart it goes WITH the data stored to specific internal tables.
LibreOffice changed this behaviour and recent versions even offer re-connection of copied charts that were formerly copied to "elsewhere" after being copied again and pasted into a spreadsheet.
reconnectChart.png
reconnectChart.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
===Only for information. No advice intended:===
On the API level a chart copied into a sheet is a shape containing an EmbeddedObject which in turn gives access to a 'model' supporting the typical services used for charts. For this object you thus can manipulate the DataTable and DataSeries as well while the UI only gives access to one of these different concepts of data representations depending on the history of the chart.
I didn't try, but assume that user code can create a surrogate for the part missing in the standard UI.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
Arro

Post by Arro »

Thank you all for replaying and explanations !

I assume the issue as "non possible", maybe a good starting point for Andropen developers...

Cheers
Andropen Office 4.5.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I assume the issue as "non possible", maybe a good starting point for Andropen developers...
I do not know if there are or not any Andropen Office developer team today.

But the function works in my LibreOffice. I know, the native LibreOffice is not available for Android, but there is a newer brand named Collabora Office. It is a "special fork" of the LibreOffice.

It is available for Android and the iOS:
https://www.collaboraoffice.com/press-r ... d-android/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ibreoffice
Try it.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Arro

Post by Arro »

I will... thanks Zizi

This functionality saves a lot of time when you need to duplicate several charts

Have a nice Sunday
Aronne
Andropen Office 4.5.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

LibreOffice stores the source range as an absolute range address. This means that you have to adjust the copied chart's cell range manually because the copied chart references the exact same cell range as the original one (e.g. $Sheet1.$A$1:$B$99). Working with scenarios instead of chart copies is a lot easier.

Copying the entire sheet works with both, OpenOffice and LibreOffice. The copied sheet includes data and chart. The chart refers to the data on the copied sheet so you only have to replace the data somehow. Replacing data with two clicks in a drop-down is what scenarios do easily.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice