[Solved] Grammar check with "LanguageTool"

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
dennisqdw

[Solved] Grammar check with "LanguageTool"

Post by dennisqdw »

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the "LanguageTool" extension or Writer. Although Writer does underline spelling mistakes in red (I have autospellcheck on), I'm not sure if it is also supposed to underline grammar mistakes. But doing some internet reading I learned about LanguangeTool, and figured that whatever grammar tool comes with OO, this would be better anyway. I installed it without error, and it's listed under extensions, but nothing is underlined in blue. And when I hit F7 (Spelling and "theoretically" grammar) to open the window to make corrections it only shows me spelling mistakes not grammar.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to see LanguageTool listed under Options/Language Settings/Writing Aids, but I don't.
Thoughts?
thanx --ds
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.0.1, Windows XP Pro SP2
dennisqdw

Re: Grammar check

Post by dennisqdw »

Ok, not exactly sure what happened, but it works now ;-) I closed the document and re-opened it. Although I did a complete reboot after the original extension install before I wrote the message above, so I'm a little baffled.
dennisqdw

Post by dennisqdw »

So now a really stupid question: how do I mark this solved?
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

You would know and not need to ask if you had read the Survival guide, the first topic on the first page. Since you didn't I will mark it for you this time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.7, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
dennisqdw

Re: [Solved] Grammar check

Post by dennisqdw »

Thanx, I'll remember next time, I promise.