[Solved] Document recovery EVERY time!

Discuss the spreadsheet application
PeterJS

[Solved] Document recovery EVERY time!

Post by PeterJS »

Hi.
Anyone with an idea as to WHY I have to go through document recovery every time OOo calc has been closed, even though all data entered into the spreadsheet prior to closing has been saved properly. I've never (yet?) had an experience of any data being lost and still it goes to document recovery as a first step :shock:
It's been this way for quite a time and I've just gotten kind of used to it, but there must be a reason for it acting this way ... but WHAT reason?
If not opening a specific document but just calc it self it wants to 'document recover' the last opened spreadsheet though not atually ending up with opening that document ... it's wierd :?
Might it be some registry entry having been altered by program X or some programfile being deleted by program Y ??
Last edited by PeterJS on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Document recovery EVERY time!

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try to reset your OpenOffice user profile.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
PeterJS

Re: Document recovery EVERY time!

Post by PeterJS »

Oddly enough the problem seems to have vanished after using"quit" in the menu rather than the "x" in top right corner .. now it doesn't matter which method I use; no document recovery. wierd ...
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Windows 10
radios

Re: [Solved] Document recovery EVERY time!

Post by radios »

Help. I have this same problem but I cannot find how to rest my open office.
Office 4 windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

To reset your user profile on Windows:
Shutdown OpenOffice
Open any folder and enter
%appdata%\openoffice\4
in the address near the top. You will go to a location that contains a folder called user
Rename the user folder to user_old
Restart OpenOffice. You should get the registration screen. Fill that out and you are done.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
radios

Post by radios »

Thank you. That did it but it was hard to find a folder that was not open office. I don't know how I finally go to a folder that worked. I think I entered it into the search bar at the bottom of the page. But thank you very much.
Office 4 windows 10