[Solved] Conditional format: Value = {value of cell above}

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Calab

[Solved] Conditional format: Value = {value of cell above}

Post by Calab »

I've always had trouble understanding conditional formatting. :(

I have a table where column G is currency. I want to highlight any of the cells in column G if the value of the cell is the same as the cell above it.

Sounds pretty simple, but I can't figure it out. :crazy:

How can I accomplish this?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Windows 11
FJCC

Re: Conditional formatting if the value of a cell is the same as the cell above it

Post by FJCC »

Let's say you want to set up the formatting in the cell range G2:G100. Select those cells and notice where the active cell cursor (the cell with the heavy black border) ends up. It's likely to be in cell G100, so I'll assume that. Select the menu Format -> Conditional Formatting. Set the drop down list on the left to Formula Is. In the box next to that, type G100 = G99. If the active cell cursor was not in G100, change that formula to compare the active cell with the one above it. Set the Cell Style to one of the listed styles or use the New Style button to define a style and then select that. Click OK and you are done.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.