Using a Gmail address for the forum account? Read this.

Let us know how we are doing -
Hagar Delest

Using a Gmail address for the forum account? Read this.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Since FEB-2024, Google implemented changes that broke the forum mail system. The consequence is that no mail at all is sent to Gmail accounts by the forum anymore (registration mail and any notification about replies in topics or PM or even mail sent from the forum interface with the contact button).

We are deeply sorry about that, the devs in charge of the forum infrastructure have been warned of the situation.

As of today, the only way to get an account approved (if you use a Gmail address) for new registration is to warn us through the AOO dev mailing list (dev@openoffice.apache.org, from your registration mail, no need to subscribe it) so that we manually activate your account. Notifications for replies to topics would still not work, you'll have to check from time to time. The icon for notifications top right of the page will tell nonetheless if something occurred in your topics.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Using a Gmail address for the forum account? Read this.

Post by floris v »

The ways of Google to fight spammers are mysterious. I got an e-mail today to notify me that somebody had signed up on my YouTube channel. For the record, it's empty, no videos there. The name says enough: Fl.xw.rk with the same vowel on the dots. Blatant spam! No problem for YouTube though.
Somebody should sue Google for causing damages to internet forums that use e-mail to inform their members of interesting things happening there.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum