Spellcheck & synonyms

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
ranlando

Spellcheck & synonyms

Post by ranlando »

My spellcheck has stopped working. Also synonyms. Now wiggly red lines appear underlining everything. I have used Open Office for years and these always worked before. Maybe something I copy & pasted caused the problem. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it today. The problem persists. Should I try libreoffice.org? Is this part of Oracle?

Thanks!
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on windows 10
LastUnicorn

Re: Spellcheck & synonyms

Post by LastUnicorn »

See this thread for how to proceed with the spell check problem: [Solved] Spell check not working in 4.1.12

On LibreOffice, changing is a good idea anyway. There are several good reasons to do so some of which are mentioned here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

P.S. If you are not sure how to find and reset your OpenOffice User Profile see this: Profile reset on Windows 10 - with images
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

An un- and re-install of OpenOffice does not remove the OpenOffice User Profile, which is where a spellcheck problem resides. It is necessary, as the links from LastUnicorn tell, to remove or rename the OpenOffice User Profile, and an un-/re-install of OpenOffice is then rarely necessary. Once the OO User Profile is deleted or renamed, OpenOffice will generate a new one on next startup; that usually solves the problem.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS