Laggy Scrolling!

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
lazybengel

Laggy Scrolling!

Post by lazybengel »

Hi all,
I recently downloaded Openoffice to use CALC. This is the only program I have used up to this point and the scrolling is slow, choppy and laggy. There is a slight delay before the scrolling is registered and then it moves in choppy laggy jumps. This is the same if using the scroll function on the mouse or dragging the scroll bar in the application.

I have looked around for graphics options but I haven't been able to find anything useful.
I would really appreciate some help!

Open Office 4.1.15
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G9323)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Hagar Delest

Re: Laggy Scrolling!

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sadly, AOO is not under active development.
Try LibreOffice, they may have adapted the application better.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

[Solved] Calc scrolling change from Air to Pro
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ: Q46/A46: How can I correct display problems when zooming or scrolling?

You may be able to find other topics in the Mac OSX forum about scrolling which suggest other ideas. We want to know if you find a solution and what it is so that we can direct others to it. Please respond here if so. I do not experience the problem myself.

Q59/A59 reminds you that Apple supplies a spreadsheet for MacOS which is either already installed on your Mac or can be obtained for free from the App Store.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
lazybengel

Post by lazybengel »

Hi Hagar and Mr Programmer

Sadly the solution listed under Q46 from the Mac FAQ's hasn't resolved my issue.

I also tried LibreOffice and the scrolling issues there are even worse! On LibreOffice the document just glitches together to a visual mess. I ran a Graphics Check to see if it could show me anything (which it didn't) and even in that window the scrolling issue persisted.

Oh well, sadly I don't have much time to do troubleshooting because my project is due shortly, but thank you both for your help.
Maria
Open Office 4.1.15
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G9323)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)