[Dropped] Logging box popup

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
mouthon

[Dropped] Logging box popup

Post by mouthon »

Hello, i am pretty new to using CALC, and pretty bad at coding.

IF the request is not at it's place , please telle m where to put it.

Conetxt, I m working in a place where each people have different schedules and can ask for dayoff whenever they want. Hard thing for now is that everythings happens via mail and that can be tidious as everybody send the manager mails. And sometimes stuff doesn't end as they should.

I am creating a calc doc where everybody will be able to put their wishes, so that the manager only has to come and extract the synthesis once.
I am trying to find a way to create a popup box for loging into a sheet of a calc document.
What i mean if i have for exemple let's say 3 users

ADMIN
USER 1
USER 2

If i connect to ADMIN i will have access to every sheets the document has; so every USER sheets, LOGIN SHEETS, SYNTHESIS SHEETS, etc.
If i connect to USER 1 i will have access ONLY to the sheet named after the user.
If i connect to USER 2 i will have access ONLY to the sheet named after the user.

I would use a separate sheets with all loging info that ONLY admin has access to.

I m pretty sure i'ts possible as i have already seen that when i was working in my last job.

If you have an idea, i m open to read and try to understand.

exemple. sheets are red when locked and green when open with loging popup
47a5019607d5ceb66c02d4201ca3fce3.png
47a5019607d5ceb66c02d4201ca3fce3.png (64.72 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: mouthon says "Well not worth it I guess" -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: LOGING BOX popup

Post by John_Ha »

Probably tricky to do with Calc.

A much simpler solution would be to use Google Calendar and share the calendar with everyone. Everyone can update the calendar.

There may be a privacy issue in that people can see other people's data.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
mouthon

Post by mouthon »

Well, i thought about that, but google calandar can't be use here It jhas to be Calc file. Thanks for the tip tho !!

Here are all the informations from the macro the file was using just for what i want thing is that i don't have acces to the code to make similar system.
test.png
test.png (13.4 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
In english that would translate in order

Tabcolor
DE Protect sheet
DE Protect all
Init
Hide Password column
Protect sheet
Protect all
Index Sheets
Login
Logout
PSWD

as i said files works as follow : open > popup with a list of users > select > type pw > login > select corresponding sheets > when save and closing logout.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

From your image it seems that the function is provided by those macros which are included in the file DESIDERATA 2023.ods and are probably not part of the standard LO installation.

You can view and edit them by Tools > Macros > Edit Macros.

If that doesn't help, can you upload DESIDERATA 2023.ods? You can anonymise any personal data as it isn't needed. A password will be needed.

How about giving each employee their own spreadsheet Employee_1.ods, Employee_2.ods, etc. The manager has a spreadsheet which links to each employee spreadsheet and pulls in their data. See Help To Reference a Cell in Another Document and Link to External Data which links to Inserting External Data in Table (WebQuery).

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
mouthon

Post by mouthon »

Fact is that, the module is protected in this file and i can't get my hand on the password.
IT dude that made this file went retired long time ago and have no more access to his knowledge.

If it was accessible i wouldn't have bothered you with thos questions. i can send you privatly the desiderata file and one user access for you to check what i m refering to.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yeah, that's what I was replying but I took too much time to carefully choose my words.

The point here is not to redo the whole thing, it would require significant time and code lines. Plus the understanding of the unsaid requirements that could still exist. You actually want to break the code of an existing file (even for good reasons).
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Unzip DESIDERATA 2023.ods and look in \Basic. The macros are stored in an XML file. Is the password visible? I doubt it as the password is probably used to hash the file to gibberish in which case, if you cannot find the password, you will have no access.

I saved a macro in file_name\Standard\Module1. It was stored in the unzipped .ods file as \Basic\Standard\Module1.XML.

mouthon

Post by mouthon »

I have tried to Unzip the file, and when looking into the content, the LibDaisy module is encrypted rest is not crypted, but it's doesn't say much. One code was library:passwordprotected="true"> i did try to swap it to false but ofc when i try to open it like that it doesn't change much. :)

Yes i know cracking pw ain't good, but damned, this macro is so good it needs to be used in my field of jobs.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If this has been encrypted with OpenOffice's encryption method, decrypting it is a hardware intensive task, and may be impossible. It could certainly tie up a computer for a long time - months, perhaps years.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
mouthon

Post by mouthon »

Well not worth it i guess...
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Search the web for lots of vacation planning packages.