Start new record in subform

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
AutoKAD01

Start new record in subform

Post by AutoKAD01 »

How can I begin a new record in a subform (which is linked to a different table) when I begin a new record in the main form?
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Start new record in subform

Post by Villeroy »

This will never happen since there can not be no record related to the one that does not exist yet.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
emfocuser

Post by emfocuser »

Records called from a table (without a query) where the subform table has a field which is "slave" to a field on the mainform, do allow new records to be created in that subform. This requires a one to many situation. So far I have no way to make recordsets appendable in a subform for a Many to Many relationship.
Open Office 3.2, Window 7 Professional - x64
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... hp?id=8641
Open the form, insert new, type a new meal name.
The subform is blank. There is no insert row to insert an ingredient for a meal that does not exist yet.
Hit the save button and watch how the subform allows adding a new ingredient to a meal that has been stored in the database
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice