[Dropped] Status white x in red circle

Talk about anything at all....
Alan Levy

[Dropped] Status white x in red circle

Post by Alan Levy »

I'm having trouble emailing docs. Sometimes they email, but I always cc myself to check attachments and so fourth. PROBLEM IS: I'm getting, seeing, next to the folder and doc icons a status white x in red circle. Indicating somfin's wrong. That's no fun. When I open my cc copy to check attachments, when I try to open the attached document it opens as a quarter coin sized reduced sized something. I emailed the form to the copy print shop and it opened there, but will not open on my new laptop. HP laptop, windows 10 on Opera or chrome same issue. I was making a business form for my business, auto repair / boat repair, here in Costa Rica, and I must have hit some format goof up or I don't know, when I copied and pasted something I'm guessing, Guessing... I was born when there were still model T's in my grandfather's neighbors driveway. 60, and I'm not great at this stuff, because like you-all young wipper-snappers, I didn't grow up with this stuff. It's amazing I can find my way to here. LOLd Gosh I admire you wisards.

(I'm an American born citizen) living in hell. Did I say hell. Yes I did. Costa Rica is hell. No joke. Warning, Warning! Will Robinson. Never believe positive propaganda. None of it's true. But here I am supporting my 3 year old, born here, is why I still live here, 9 years as of 1 June 2021. Good stuff is, beginning, happening in Business finally, too, been surviving like the rest of the crowd. Let's see if the good, or better, sticks. Business is brutally hard here and the economy before the Coved 19 was dismal. Stupid Government. Did I say stupid, I meant dumb, corrupt and greedy, beyond imagine. Costa Ricans are like the Star Trek Ferengi race. 98% of them have no feelings, no empathy. There are a few exceptions. It's not just my opinion. It takes 5-6 years of living here to grasp how messed up this cultureless country truly is. If there is any doubt to my assessment of Costa Rica, I'll provide a link to a blog upon request, if anybody is interested. Never buy real estate here. I don't know if it would be appropriate here to supply it, the link, but privately. I feel it is my duty for the safety of unsuspecting uninitiated, to share this information on how truly dangerous Costa Rica is, financially, phytologically, emotionally, mentally and physically, especially to children, fathers and foreign men. And there is much more hideous things I have personally experienced here than I am mentioning here. I hope my speaking of where I am and the situation here doesn't throw any site monitors noses out of joint. Otherwise I apologize in advance. Anyhow that happy hs fun said, I can't seem to find a solution to status white x in red circle. The deplorable internet infrastructure in Costa Rica may be a contributing factor. 3rd world and behind the times, no customer service in CR.

If the site master doesn't like the content, please notify me and give me a chance to adjust it. I do need to solve the status white x in red circle calamity.
Anyone familiar with this issue, what causes it, and how to remedy it? Please? HELP! (:

Thanks a bunch,
Costa Rica Al
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Beginners forum to General Discussion
OpenOffice 4.1.8 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Status white x in red circle

Post by John_Ha »

This workaround will always work.

1. Save the document to your disk
2. Open your emailer
3. Use ATTACH, and attach the saved document.
4. Send the email.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Alan Levy

Post by Alan Levy »

John_Ha wrote:This workaround will always work.

1. Save the document to your disk
2. Open your emailer
3. Use ATTACH, and attach the saved document.
4. Send the email.
Hi John thank you. Pardon me if I am putting this in the wrong place. I was born before computers so I'm just guessing at how to use this. Number one you said save the document to my disc doesn't my HP PC or laptop actually automatically save it to disc? If not am I saving it to my documents which I am? Otherwise how do you say the document to your disk? I use Gmail so I presume number 2 makes my email or gmail.

Number three I used a little paper clip to attach documents.

Number 4 send an email. What happens is when I copy it to myself and I try to open the document it doesn't open up in my computer in a normal manner. Opens up and it's reduced sized so small that I can't see what it is.

I work around is great. But I'd like to get rid of the white x's in the red circles next to my documents cuz that means that there's something wrong. And it wasn't doing that just a few days ago I guess. What I'm hoping to find is a cure for this. It's kind of like getting the mumps. I got red dots all over the place.

Is there somebody that can point me to the cause?

Is there actual customer support or technical support for Apache open office? Or is this the only kind of support available? I mean this is great and everything , I know it's freeware but it would be cool if there were a place to email for tactical support, or chat. I'd
consider my self lucky to be able to email a technical support. Thank you very much for your effort.

Costa Rica Al from the good old USA.
OpenOffice 4.1.8 on Windows 10
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

I was born before computers
So are many of those who help here, including myself.
I'm getting, seeing, next to the folder and doc icons a status white x in red circle
You haven't mentioned what version of OpenOffice and what operating system you use. Assuming some version of Windows if this is in the Windows file manager, it may be an indication that OneDrive is out of synchronisation. This is not an OpenOffice issue but you might find this Microsoft support article helpful.
When I open my cc copy to check attachments, when I try to open the attached document it opens as a quarter coin sized reduced sized something.
What application are you using to open attachments? Can you describe "a quarter coin sized reduced sized something" with a little more detail?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers